Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Christmas/holiday gift to myself and you

Last weekend I challenged my son to a discussion in my effort to anticipate what I will see in twenty years when I look back on this period of time. I proposed that we can predict where we are going by the strength of the opposition. I don’t think I made myself really clear. But Dan Brown did, on page 409 of “The Symbol.” So this quote is my Christmas/holiday present to myself, as well as to any of you who tend, like me, to focus on the dark side of today’s events.

“Solomon let it sit for a long moment, then quietly said, ‘In closing, I should warn you that unveiling the truth is never easy. Throughout history, every period of enlightenment has been accompanied by darkness pushing in opposition. Such are the laws of nature and balance And if we look at the darkness growing in the world today, we have to realize that this means there is equal light growing. We are on the verge of a truly great period of illumination, and all of us – all of you – are profoundly blessed to be living through this pivotal moment of history. Of all the people who have ever lived, in all the eras in history … we are in that narrow window of time during which we will bear witness to our ultimate renaissance. After millennia of darkness, we will see our sciences, our minds, and even our religions unveil the truth.'”

Brown, Dan. (2009). The Lost Symbol. New York: Doubleday

1 comment:

Nancy Simpson said...

Hello Mona, Merry Christmas. Thanks for the Christmas gift.

I'm writing to tell you I listed your blog as
a blog I follow on my site
www.nancysimpson.blogspot.com
which is LIVING ABLOVE THE FROSTLINE.