Thursday, December 22, 2011

'TIS THE SEASON



I love this day! – The Winter Solstice. From now on more sunlight, more cheer.

I love this holiday season too. I have been blessed with a Santa Claus Christmas since my childhood. I know that’s a blessing I don’t share with everyone, a fact which makes me sad. But the music and the memories make me glad as well, along with deep gratitude to my family. I especially love the fact that MPR’s classical station plays so much more choral music during this period.

I love realizing that I’ve made it through another year with good health. If all goes as planned I’ll enjoy another healthy Christmas with my family in a few days.

It’s the Holiday, really. I wish joy for everyone, however you celebrate the coming of the sunlight.

And wouldn’t it be glorious if our thoughts of peace were to become more concrete in 2012? That’s my wish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sharing your wish for peace, dear Mona - both personally and globally :-)
And also the love of choral music. Bought yet another record with it. Here's a link to a great Norwegian singer - Sissel Kyrkjebø:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWHmXnkKFZc