Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mts. Job is on her way to iUniverse

It was a little like the last Presidential election, just when I thought maybe "Dara" was the winning title, more votes came in for "Mrs. Job." It was interesting to watch the passion behind the choices. I think "Mrs. Job" evoked slightly more excitement.  I hope that works out once she is the title of a book.

Now I've filled out most of the questions on line and submitted the manuscript. I'm still working on the descriptive blurb for the back page. Here's my first attempt. Any preferences? And by the way, a friend yesterday had trouble getting a comment in here, so, if you have an opinion, maybe you could e-mail me at forgivenessoptions@earthlink.net.

She was part of Job's joy and wealth, and in one day suffered with him the total loss of property and family.  They were her ten children and it was her way of life as well as Job's, but her loss was either overlooked or, worse yet, attributed to her transgression.  In this story, she is rescued as her life, friendship, love, conflict, agony, and ultimate victory play out. One editor "found it truly enjoyable, well-written, and thought it strikes a great balance between being a love story (...Job, God)... and statement of faith."



No comments: