Thursday, August 21, 2008

What do Restorative Justice, Forgiveness, and Mrs. Job have in common?

On Monday, September 8, I'll be doing the cafe talk at the Adler Graduate School on the title of this blog. Does anyone want to guess?
In the meantime, I could use some help. I'll be publishing "The Book of Mrs. Job" maybe even by Christmas, but I'd like some catchy suggestions on what to add after the colon. At the present time it's "The Book of Mrs. Job: A Story of Love and Devotion." That really does describe what it is -- as one reviewer said, devotion both to Job and to God.  But mostly it's a fun, sometimes moving, read. The cover will show the caves at Petra where she wintered in her nomadic years, and -- against that backdrop -- a lovely woman in long, flowing sleeves, representing the wealthy wife she became. So, let me know if you think of anything.  I don't guarantee to use it, but I will certainly appreciate it.
And while I'm here, let me just add some stuff for clarification. I have several links over there on the right hand side. Most of them pertain to my forgiveness books, nice short helps for someone who has been victimized to turn that defeat into a victory, so to speak. Great, I think, for working out end of life issues with family as well as living relationship issues, but also responding to violence in a healing way. In all those crises, if you're like me, a shorter book focused only on you can be much more comfortable than one talking about stuff in general. You can order either of these directly from the publishers, or on Amazon.com. At the latter site you could add a comment. Or you could order a signed copy of either of them by going to my web site,  Forgiveness Options.
Unless cyberspace has betrayed me, you should be able to get quickly to any of those sites by clicking on the link.

No comments: